It was so good to get back into the office and spend some time with my life coach!!! I had a really challenging week while she was gone on vacation. I guess for you to understand why I am working with a life coach and attempting a 90 day challenge, you might need a little back round.
I am a 45 year old mother of six and I also have one grandchild. Two of my children suffer from chronic medical conditions that require a lot of doctor visits, medications, tests and care. I am now watching my grandson 40 hours a week and it is taking a toll on me as I still have three minor children living at home with me. I often feel as if I am neglecting my own kiddos to care for my one year old, very needy grandson.
I was thrown into this situation a month ago when my oldest son made a terrible mistake that landed him in jail and put me in this position. I didn't see this as how my life was going to be at 45 and I am finding it to be a tremendous challenge !!! I am trying to work through it with my life coach without having a nervous breakdown.
Backing up quite a bit, I'd like to give a little more back round on myself. My dad left when I was about 7 years old and my younger brother and I were raised by my mother. She was a very abusive woman: physically, verbally and emotionally, my entire life !!! It was a very challenging childhood and I had to grow up fast as running the house became my responsibility by age 8 or 9. We had nothing as children, including many friends and were often bullied and picked on. I was sexually abused by both an uncle and a neighbor as a child but when I brought it up, my mother dismissed it and called me a liar. By high school I was anorexic, depressed, suicidal and using drugs to try and escape the pain. My mother had me committed to a teenage mental institution for a total of 5 months.........and didn't visit !!! I did manage to graduate high school but left home immediately after.
I lived with a couple in their thirties for awhile. It was the three of us in a relationship in which I was being constantly fed drugs so I didn't even know until much later how wrong it was. They would send me out to meet with different men to aquire drugs for free or low cost. Looking back........it was disgusting. It lasted about six months. I finally broke away from the situation and found myself in another one that wasn't great either. The outcome of that was having my oldest daughter at 19. Having her helped to begin to turn my life around though. Her father left before she was ever born. I grew up fast: job, daycare, apartment and became supermom with no ones help at all.
Much more to come tomorrow and over the coming days and weeks and how having a life coach can really help turn it all around !!! Talk to you all tomorrow or even later this evening ! I'm excited to share this whole journey with you !!!
No comments:
Post a Comment