This is a message that I have been working very hard on. I haven't written in quite awhile as life has been a challenge! My girls have been pretty sick and my time has been spent visiting doctors, emailing doctors, calling doctors, receiving medical equiptment and the list goes on. I also am trying to maintain a household, care for two other healthy children and a grandson while his father is away and his mother is working feverishly to provide. I am stretched very thin and am finding that there is little time for myself but I'm making the most of the time I do find! I hit the gym when I can, attend my life coach sessions and I made an appointment with a counselor to see about going back to school and finishing my degree! I'm just taking baby steps with it but steps none the less. I'm already a medical assistant but want to do so much more with my life and I have a ton of credit hours. Now I just need to figure out what it is I really want to do and go for it !!! I'm hoping that this counselor will be able to point me in the right direction. I feel that my life needs to be about more than just being a mom, although that is a huge and important job. Sometimes I just get so lost in it and I forget who I am. I want to help others and I think that with all the knowledge I have regarding my daughter's illnesses, I can do that !
I have been questioning my parenting a lot lately and I need to stop doing that ! I need to just love my children and trust in that. Trust that I am doing the best I can with the tools I have and that I'm not perfect as no parent is. We all make mistakes and the best thing I can do is apologize when it happens! I have compassionate, loving, smart, giving children and I need to remember that they too are going to make mistakes and that's okay as long as they learn from them !

No comments:
Post a Comment